Zulfiqar Ali Turk, MD
Education and Training
- Medical School: Isra University, Pakistan
- Internal Medicine Internship: KCMS/Michigan State University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Residency: Neurology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Fellowship: Neurophysiology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification
About the Provider
Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Turk has been a neurologist since 2012 and has a simple yet comprehensive approach towards patient care. He carefully listens to patient concerns to be able to plan personalized diagnosis and treatment options. To him, being open and understanding helps him establish good relationships with his patients.
Dr. Turk was born in Pakistan into a family of physicians so going into medicine came naturally to him. Once he finished medical school, he pursued his postgraduate training in the United States. He finished his neurology residency and neurophysiology fellowship at the University of New Mexico. He was an attending neurologist and an assistant professor for four years at South Boston, Virginia before he transferred to the Carolinas as a neurohospitalist and telemedicine provider.
During his spare time, Dr. Turk enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters as well as traveling, hiking and gardening.
Areas of Interest:
- Neurological disorders
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease
- Nerve conduction study/electromyography